It’s awesome to eat healthy. No question about it. But every once in a while, you have to indulge in something yummy. And that’s what this recipe’s for–an alternative to the traditional, boring pizza: Pepperoni Pizza Biscuits!
Okay, first of all, what are these things? Pepperoni Pizza Biscuits are bite-sized pizzas with all the goodness and (a few) less calories!
What You Need:
- Low-fat crescent rolls (I love the Pillsbury 90 calorie brand!)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (Prego’s Roasted Garlic and Herb is my favorite!
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onions/green peppers
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- any additional pizza toppings
How to Make:
- First take your crescent rolls and spread them out on a greased/sprayed cookie sheet
- Spread a layer of sauce on the inside of each one
- Place 2-3 pepperonis on the inside
- Sprinkle some cheese, onions, and peppers (plus additional toppings)
- Thin layer of sauce, then wrap it croissant-style
- Spread some melted butter on the tops of each biscuit, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt
Serve with hot Roasted Garlic & Herb Prego sauce on the side for dipping! A fun way to eat the pizza you love without too many calories 🙂