I’m not a Taco Bell girl, well, not until I tried the Crunchwrap Supreme. It’s so cheesy and tasty, and folded in this little tortilla of happiness. Yum! And with anything yummy, I love to create it at home–a healthier, more fun, & DIY version!
DIY T-Bell Crunchwrap Supreme:
For about 6 Crunchwraps you need…
- 6 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef or 3 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (and more for on the side if you’d like)
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 red/green/yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 can re-fried beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted queso (optional)
- George Forman (for optimal cooking, but you can also cook on the stove or oven)
Here’s What You Do:
- First make your meat. For the ground beef, cook and chop slowly, drain the liquid, then add your taco seasoning. For chicken, boil until it’s tender, shred it then add seasoning.
- Chop your onions and peppers and add them to the meat.
- Heat up your beans in a sauce pan.
- Fire up your George Forman!
- Add the ingredients to your tortilla. I find it’s easiest to start spreading on the beans, then meat, then cheese, salsa, sour cream, queso, lettuce.
Fold each side of the tortilla into the middle to make a star shape. It won’t be perfect, but that’s okay! Just try your best to fold so that none of the inner ingredients are showing or poking out.
- Lay your star on the George Forman and cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Eat hot! Serve with salsa and chips, too, if you’d like!