I’m not a huge Olive Garden fan, but I stumbled across a recipe for a soup with bacon, potatoes, and spinach and was all for it.
For lack of a better description, the Zuppa Toscana recipe from Olive Garden is a creamy, hearty, so-much-flavor-you’ll-just-die kind of soup that’s a must try!
Here’s What You Need:
- 6 potatoes, sliced super thin
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream (*healthy alternative: skim milk!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-4 slices of bacon
- 1 1/2 boxes of chicken stock/broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
Here’s How You Do It:
- Start by cooking your sausage in a large, deep saucepan. Drain. Then mix in red pepper flakes. Stir then remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut your bacon strips into small pieces, a few inches long. (I used 2 strips, cut into halves but you can use as much as you want!)
- Fry bacon in the pan, and save a little bacon grease in the pan when you’re done.
- Add garlic, onion powder, chopped onion and other additional spices. (Ex: garlic salt, pepper, etc.) Stir until onions are soft. (Usually 5-8 min.)
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft. (Usually 15-20 min.)
- Add spinach before serving! 🙂
Seriously, the flavor of this soup is amazinngggggg! You’ll have to try it at home. #happyeating