Have you ever had a taste of something that was seriously so good you wish you could just eat it every single day of your life? Okay, a bit dramatic, but when I first tasted sweet potato hash (from OB Surf Lodge, one of my favorite places) I was hooked. I needed to create a copycat recipe so I could enjoy that delicious goodness more than on a casual brunch date.
Needless to say, I picked my ingredients, messed around in the kitchen, and made this creation:
Healthyish, Delicious Sweet Potato Hash:
Here’s What You Need:
- 2 sweet potatoes (baked and chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2lbs chorizo/ground turkey/sausage/beef/tofu (your choice!)
- 1/2 cup salsa/diced tomatoes (I used mango salsa!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- splash: chicken broth, heavy cream
- seasonings (to taste): garlic salt, seasoning salt, onion powder
Here’s How You Do It:
- Wash sweet potatoes, poke with fork, put in foil-lined pan in oven for 35-45min at 400 degrees.
- Saute chorizo in pan. Add seasonings. Add onion, broccoli and spinach, mix until cooked. Add salsa, stir.
- Mix gravy of butter, heavy cream and chicken broth until a thin soup is made. Add more seasonings to taste.
- Add sweet potatoes to mixture, stir. Remove from heat.
- Cook egg your desired way. Put mixture on plate and add egg on top! Additional seasonings if needed! Enjoy! 🤤