I’ll be honest, I’ve never been into face masks. When I was younger, my face was on the oily side, so the thought of plastering something lotion-y to my skin sounded like the exact opposite of what I really wanted to do.
However, now that I’ve realized the benefits (aka grown up and got over my unrealistic fear of masks making my skin worse) and my skin’s changed a bit, I love the way face masks not only help with pores, rejuvenation, and moisturizing, but relaxation, too! Cheers to self-care!
Here is a super easy DIY homemade face mask recipe for keeping your skin happy and healthy.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup instant oats [for hydration and amino acids]
- 1/2 apple – minus the core [a natural, exfoliating astringent with vitamin c!]
- 2 large tablespoons of plain yogurt [great for oil production and removing bacteria from your skin]
- 2 tablespoons honey [for moisturizing and reducing inflammation]
- egg white from 1 large egg [helps with skin tightening]
How You Do It:
- First, clean your face. Then stir oats into hot water until soft and smooth. Set aside and let it thicken.
- Blend apple, yogurt, honey, egg white in a blender. Add oats and blend again (20-30sec).
- Apply and let it sit/dry for 15 minutes. Your skin will feel tight.
- Rinse (no soap!) pat dry.