I’m a huge fan of crockpot meals. They’re perfect for when you’re busy, lazy, or just need to throw something together quick. This Tortellini Soup, though, is a crockpot cold day masterpiece. And guaranteed you’ll love it.
Crockpot Tortellini Soup:
- 1 bag frozen tortellini (**Tip: you can toss this in frozen and let it thaw out while cooking, which is good, but can be mushy. If you prefer non-soft pasta, make this separately or use the fresh kind and make at the end.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I like the roasted garlic kind!)
- 1 bag spinach
- 2 cans of chicken stock/broth
- 1 lb. meat of choice (I like ground sausage but you can use ground beef or even chicken and it will shred while cooking!)
- 1 8oz container of creamcheese (I use low-fat!)
Here’s What You Do:
- First, cook your meat if you’re making ground beef/sausage. (Ignore this step if you’re making chicken–it’ll shred and cook in the process!)
- Add all your ingredients except for the cream cheese (and noodles if you don’t like them soft) to the crockpot.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cook for 20-30 more min on WARM. (Make sure to mix the cream cheese up good! Also cook and add your tortellini if you haven’t already!)
And ta-da! It’s warm, gooey, tasty, and super easy for a winter day! 🙂