Okay, okay, so you know that fruit’s good for you, great for you, but you can’t bring yourself to eat it. Maybe it’s a texture thing. Bananas can get a little stringy sometimes. Or maybe it’s a sweet thing. You like sweets…but the good kinds of sweets, like chocolate and cake.
Well, here’s you’re solution. The Easy-Peezy Fruit Pizza:
I know, I know. It looks freaking awesome! So here’s what you need:
First thing is the base/crust. (You have options here!) Depending on how healthy you want to go you can get either:
- low-fat cookie sugar cookie/oatmeal cookie dough
- OR get fancy: 1 cup whole almonds, 15 whole dates (with stones removed), 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted), 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OR get even fancier and make an oatmeal crust: old fashioned rolled oats (not quick or instant), whole wheat/half white/half regular pastry flour, ground flaxseed (if desired), brown sugar, baking powder, egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce, and oil (grape seed, vegetable, or coconut)Second, is the spread. Again, depending on how healthy you want to go you can get:
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese & 1 cup powdered sugar
- OR 2 1/2 cups of vanilla Greek yogurt
Last thing: FRUIT! Any kind you want! Some that I’d suggest are strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, clementines and bananas. They taste great together and aren’t as juicy, so they won’t make your pizza soggy.
The prep is super easy. If you’re doing the no-bake crust…just make the crust first, then add the toppings! If you’re doing the low-fat cookie dough crusts, spread the crust and follow the cooking directions to have a soft, baked cookie base!
**Tip: Let the pizza chill in the refrigerator before serving. It’s best served cold! And eat within two days for the best taste.