One of the best inventions in the entire world is a crockpot. I mean, seriously, can life get any better than throwing your ingredients in a pot and coming back hours later to a complete meal and yummy-smelling kitchen?
(The answer is no, by the way).
The other night I decided I wanted to try this recipe. I have to give my mom some credit here, she’s the one that gave me the idea [Thanks mom! :)]
Without further ado, Crockpot Sausage and Peppers:
- 1 package Italian Sausage [4-5 links. You can get Mild, Four-Cheese, or Spicy: your choice!]
- 1 each: red, orange, yellow, and green peppers sliced thin
- 1-2 big yellow onions, chopped
- 1 large can diced/crushed tomatoes [and juice!]
- 1 small can diced or crushed tomatoes with juice [eliminate this if you have overripe tomatoes – chop and use those!]
- 4-5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours! Serve over rice!
Use all the same ingredients, but cook sausage separate! You can saute the veggies in a frying pan and broil the sausage in a glass pan for about 15-20 minutes. [Use this if you’d prefer crisper sausage! See picture above!]