I love alternatives to everyday yummies—especially when those alternatives are just as tasty, but without all the added ingredients, sugars, syrups, or chemicals! For a great option to sub for chips or salty snacks, these zucchini fries are light and filling, without being heavy and deep-fried.
What You Need:
- 3-5 zucchini (depending on how many people you’re feeding!)
- assorted spices: garlic powder/salt, oregano, pepper
- 2 tbsp oil: coconut or avocado preferred
- 1-2 cups cheese: Pecorino or Parmesan preferred!
- optional: hot sauce or ranch for serving
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add a wire rack to the top of a baking sheet. Lightly spread or spray your oil across the rack.
- Mix cheeses and spices together.
- Slice zucchinis into small wedges, toss the wedges in oil to coat then press them into the cheese/spice mix.
- Place fries on rack and bake about 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Broil at the end (2-5 min) to crisp the cheese if you desire!
- Serve hot with hot sauce or ranch to dip!