Yesterday afternoon I was scrambling around my house, trying to find something that would taste good. All I could find were some bags of frozen veggies and a half-frozen chicken breast. Solid.
But the more I searched, the more I realized I could make something that was (slightly thrown together) but totally awesome with what I had around the house.
Not sure how it would go, I tossed a bunch of things into the crockpot. And to my surprise, my make-shift chicken and veggie soup turned out amazzinnnnnnng!
Here’s How I Did It:
In a crockpot, mix all your ingredients and cook on LOW for 6+ hours.
- 1-2 cans/bags of frozen corn
- 2 raw potatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. beef bullion
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bag frozen green beans
- 1-2 (depends on how many you’re feeding) frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 can tomato sauce with tomato chunks
- To taste: garlic salt, Italian seasoning, Montreal Steak Spicy Seasoning (I told you this was random!)
After cooking, and before serving, make sure to shred the chicken and test the consistency of the soup. If it’s too watery, add a pinch of cornstarch to thicken. If it’s too thick, add tomato sauce/juice/water (just a little!)
Serve hot! 🙂
(See, random can be good sometimes!)